Tantus Technologies, Inc. (Tantus) - recognized by the Washington Post as a Top Workplace - is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. This position will be located in McLean/Herndon, VA with some remote work possible. This initiative will modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to customers.
As part of the modernization program, you will be responsible for supporting the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including software systems engineering activities, requirements definition, prototyping, software design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
**Remote w/occasional on-site meetings in Herndon, VA.**
**Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.**
In accordance with applicable law and Company policy, full vaccination against COVID-19 is required for this position, and proof of full vaccination status will be required on the first day of employment.
What You'll Do
- Work with the system engineering team to understand customer business needs and priorities
- Define software requirements, both functional and non-functional, as high level epics, features and user stories to support SAFe Agile methodology
- Develop prototypes to support product and/or technology evaluations
- Design software using industry standard design patterns and best practices to improve maintainability, flexibility, performance, security, and availability
- Define the software design using a model-based engineering strategy (SysML/UML)
- Implement enterprise web-based applications (Java technology stack) within a SAFE Agile environment
- Develop single page applications using a client-side rendering framework
- Develop service-based solutions (REST-based web services) using micro-services architecture
- Develop database solutions for managing structured and unstructured data
- Develop automated unit and integration tests that can be incorporated into CI/CD pipeline
- Support CI/CD initiatives and utilize static code analyzers to ensure high quality source code
- Support software testing activities, including IV&V, and provide timely software defect resolutions
- Provide production and operational support, as needed, to ensure deployed software meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Bachelor's degree in STEM and at least nine years’ experience
- Experience in software development and maintenance projects with involvement in requirements management, technical design/development, and deployment steps within SDLC
- Experience supporting software development activities for software projects specializing in development of enterprise web applications
- Experience with full-stack development using the Java technology stack to implement enterprise web-based applications within a SAFE Agile environment
- Experience with static code analyzers (CAST, HP Fortify, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience developing 508 compliant solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Active Secret Clearance or eligibility to obtain one. Interim Secret is acceptable.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in enterprise software system modernization efforts
- Experience in cloud based environments including the development of software that supports architectures that involve public/hybrid clouds
- Experience developing single page applications using a client-side rendering framework (Angular, React, etc.) and responsive CSS framework (Bootstrap, Material Design, etc.)
- Experience developing service-based solutions using the Java technology stack, building REST-based services (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, etc.), and deploying in a container-based micro-services architecture (Docker, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience developing structured transactional database solutions using an RDBMS database (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience developing high volume, highly available, and secure software systems
- Experience developing and deploying software systems in an incremental manner using the SAFe Agile methodology
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed